Thursday, October 08, 2009

Movie: The X Files, I want to believe

There is rarely any true Science Fiction movie making going on out there. And so, I wanted to believe in "The X Files, I..." movie.

It hasn't helped. Remember those really bad episodes of The X Files on TV where the dude would ask Scully (I really can't keep their names straight in my head anymore), what she thought of a chemical (in that particular episode he shows her the formula for a compound), and she responds, "It's organic..."?

Well, yeah, that episode, is better, than this movie (too many commas, I know)!

Did Fox and Scully, er... together? Well, that mystery is solved.

Is there science fiction to be sought in the movie?

Absolutely none. The fiction doesn't even come close to the deliberately poor quality of Stephen King's god-awful tomes of coherent mish-mash.

And if you were misled by the trailer like me, you are in for a worse treat.

I really do not want to review the movie, but this self-castrated pedophile priest suddenly starts seeing visions of the future, and the movie leads to the eventual illogical capture of a modern day Frankenstein by Fox through a collection of random movies of detective-ness...

The clairvoyance of the pedophile is not captured in any form of science fiction, nor is the Frankenstein's work focused on. At the end of the movie, you feel like you just logged off a very bad episode and that's about it.

Rating: 0.5/5

Recommend: Only to the Taliban and such.

No comments: